Complex Rules & Requirements
These rules & requirements shall apply to any rental agreement between an event host (renter) and the Creve Coeur Park Soccer Complex.
Complex shall reserve the following outdoor soccer fields to be used exclusively for the operation of the listed event(s) for the duration of the same:
- Number of synthetic turf fields
- Number of grass fields
II. Event Host Responsibilities
Event Host is responsible for:
- Collection of all completed participant liability waivers.
- Promotion of event, soliciting participants.
- Providing a website URL or event contact information for the Complex online internet calendar.
- Registration of all participants.
- Soliciting, receiving and processing of all event entry fees.
- Scheduling of all games, recording all results, managing all competition-related matters.
- Ensuring all games/activities end no later than 11 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- Arranging for the assignment and monitoring of referees, and the payment of all assignors and referee fees.
- Monitoring and handling all discipline matters related to participants, spectators and referees, including ejection from facility or contacting police if deemed appropriate.
- Conveying Complex Rules & Regulations to entire event staff, participants and referees.
- Providing an event game /training schedule to Complex at least fourteen (14) days prior to the first reservation date.
- Providing all event participant organizations an electronic PDF complex map that includes entrance, parking and exit instructions.
- Providing field/space instructions to Complex for each space to be used thirty (30) days prior to the event setup.
- Arranging for reasonable medical/trainer personnel to be onsite for the duration of event.
- Provide adequate event staff to oversee all event activities.
- Maintaining an event "Lost & Found" and will remove all articles at the conclusion of the event. No items shall be left at Complex.
- Compliance with all Complex rules at risk of removal from the complex and forfeiture of all monies paid to St. Louis County Parks for the reservation.
Event Host shall pay the following fees for use of the Complex as outlined herein:
- User Fee Due: Agreed upon hourly rate per hour (billing starts at one (1) hour prior to the start of the first game).
- A payment of 10% deposit is required the date the fields are booked to secure the reservation. This fee is non-refundable.
- Remaining balance due fourteen (14) days prior to reservation date (Final payment to be calculated using actual schedule).
- Check(s) shall be made payable to St. Louis County Parks and mailed to:
Creve Coeur Park Soccer Complex
2350 Creve Coeur Mill Road
St. Louis, MO 63146
IV. Cancellation Policy
- If the reservations are cancelled by Complex, the event host will be offered the opportunity to reschedule. If that is not possible, the Event Host will receive a full refund of the unused portion of the reservation. This includes the deposit if cancelled prior to the start of the event.
- If the reservations are cancelled by the Event Host, Complex will retain all monies that have been paid to that date, up to, and including, the full amount. Any amount past due will remain as a receivable and prevent the host from making any further reservations. Monies paid for future reservations may be used to make the cancellation debt whole and the Event Host will be required to make new deposits to continue to hold future reservations.
- Any cancellation of reservations by the Event Host must be communicated in writing via e-mail to Creve Coeur Park Soccer Complex management by the Event Host’s Event Director.
V. Inclement Weather
- Complex will monitor the weather. When severe weather is approaching the Event Host will be notified. If lightning strikes within 13 miles of Complex, the Complex will close for 30 minutes. Closure will be communicated to, and coordinated with, the Event Host. A single, long horn blast will sound throughout the park indicating all participants must evacuate the fields immediately and seek shelter in their vehicles. Once lightning has cleared the area, Complex will signal the "all clear" with a “high-low” alternating horn blast throughout Complex. The event may resume.
- In the case where the fields become unplayable due to weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the control of both parties, a decision for cancellation shall be mutually discussed between Complex and the Event Host prior to making such decision. Complex will make the final decision on field closures that result in cancellation.
VI: Outside Merchant Vendors
- Merchandise Concessions: Event Host shall have the right to sell event-related merchandise at the event, incurring all costs associated therewith, and retaining all proceeds from such sales. All merchandise vendors must be approved by Complex in writing a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to the event. An updated listing is to be submitted a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to the event. Any changes or additions within 14 days of the start of the event may, or may not, be approved. (See vendor form)
- No vehicles are permitted on the fields. All materials must be carted in from the parking lot areas by hand or event/vendor golf carts. Complex personnel are not responsible to assist with event vendor load in/out.
VII: Food-Beverage Concessions
- Complex operates all food-and-beverage concessions, including any utilization of outside food-and-beverage vendors, for the entire event. Complex shall retain all proceeds therefrom. No other food and beverage concessions are permitted except for those provided by Complex.
Event Host shall be permitted to install signage, including Pop-up portable signage, flags, "feather" flag signage, and other Event Host sponsor signage related to the event, as follows:
- Event Host must present a proposed signage plan to Complex for approval at least thirty (30) days prior to the event. Plan must include signage content, type of sign, how signage will be installed and proposed locations of signs.
- All temporary signage displayed at Complex during the event is subject to the approval of Complex.
- Signage may not be placed on top of, or cover up any, existing signage.
- No signage may be attached to backstop netting, goals or goal nets.
- Event Host is responsible for removing and disposing of event-related signage.
IX. Shipping Event Materials
Event Host may ship event management materials to Complex for storage, if space allows, up to three (3) days prior to the event start date.
- Event Host must notify Complex of every shipment with method and include the contents, size and date to be received.
- Complex will store the materials with a reasonable amount of care and oversight. Complex is not responsible for damages or any loss that occurs during storage.
- Event Host will pay all expenses related to materials shipment. C.O.D. Shipments will be refused.
- Complex does not have a shipping dock.
- Shipping address:
Creve Coeur Park Soccer Complex
2350 Creve Coeur Mill Road
St. Louis, MO 63146
X. Certificate of Insurance:
- Event Host shall guarantee and assume full and exclusive responsibility for all damages to property, fixtures and equipment belonging to or used by the Event Host at or in the vicinity of the facility if caused by its respective members, opponents, guests, or spectators during the periods covered by the reservation.
- Event Host shall maintain and keep in force general liability insurance in the amount of not less than $3,000,000.00 per occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage for the duration of the reservation period. Coverage shall include products completed operations if products are sold. St. Louis County and Veta, L.L.C., shall be named as additional insured. The Certificate of Insurance shall include a waiver of subrogation in favor of St. Louis County and Veta, L.L.C., and County shall be given thirty (30) days written notice in advance of any changes or cancellation, termination or modification of any kind.
- Event Host’s policy shall be “Primary” and “non-contributory” to any coverage carried by St. Louis County Parks and Veta, L.L.C.
- Event Host shall cause to be issued and filed with the St. Louis County Department of Parks and Recreation a Certificate of Insurance containing the aforementioned coverages no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the reservation commencement date. Only insurance carriers licensed and admitted to do business in the State of Missouri will be accepted. St. Louis County and Veta, L.L.C., to appear on the certificate as:
St. Louis County (Certificate Holder)
2350 Creve Coeur Mill Road
St. Louis, MO 63146
12320 Old Tesson Road
St. Louis MO 63128
- Event Host shall indemnify and hold the COUNTY, its officers, agents and employees harmless for all complaints or suits made or brought for injury to persons, or property caused by Event Host or Event Host's members, guests, opponents, or spectators and for any and all losses, claims, damage, costs and expenses arising out of or resulting from any act or omission of Event Host or Event Host's members, guests, opponent or spectators during the period of use of the Complex as reserved hereunder.
- Event Host shall indemnify and hold Veta, L.L.C, its officers, agents and employees harmless for all complaints or suits made or brought for injury to persons, or property caused by Event Host or Event Host's members, guests, opponents, or spectators and for any and all losses, claims, damage, costs and expenses arising out of or resulting from any act or omission of Event Host or Event Host's members, guests, opponent or spectators during the period of use of the Complex as reserved hereunder.
XI: Complex Responsibilities/Policies
- Complex shall line and maintain fields pursuant to the event sport standards and the layout information provided by the Event Host and/or agreed upon by both parties.
- Soccer - Complex shall provide goals, nets, team benches and corner flags.
- Lacrosse - Complex will provide goals with nets up to eight (8) and team benches.
- Other - All other sports will require the Event Host to provide its own goals, nets, cones, field markers and equipment. Installation / use of all items must be approved by Complex.
- Complex shall consult with and reasonably attempt to accommodate the Event Host regarding specific field assignments.
- Complex shall endeavor to maintain the fields in optimum playing condition prior to the event. Complex shall not be responsible for field conditions related to weather, force majeure, or other events beyond its control.
- Parking - Complex is responsible for setup and maintenance of the parking lot.
- Complex reserves the right to collect a per-team parking fee for tournaments held at Complex in the amount of $10.00 per team, per tournament.
- Complex shall provide Event Host an electronic PDF complex map to be posted and communicated to participants by Event Host. This map will include Complex entrance, parking and exit instructions.
- Complex reserves the right to limit or prohibit access to designated areas.
- Complex always has the right to eject any person from the site for any reason.
- Complex reserves the right to schedule more than one (1) event, league, or tournament at a time.
- St. Louis County Parks reserves the right to require additional documentation to finalize this reservation.
Complex General Rules
- No tobacco products (cigars, cigarettes, pipes, smokeless or chewing, and/or “vaping” with e-cigarettes), illegal drugs or chemicals of any kind are permitted.
- No dogs and cats are permitted on the fields. All dogs and cats require a leash.
- Non-domestic or exotic animals are prohibited.
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the Complex.
- No gum or seeds are permitted on the fields.
- No fireworks of any kind are permitted.
- No missile / projectile-like objects are permitted.
- No glass bottles are permitted.
- No skateboards, roller skates, roller shoes, scooters
- No air-horns, whistles or Vuvuzelas of any kind are permitted.
- No unauthorized field use is permitted. All field use requires reservation and must be approved in advance.
- No spectators are permitted on the synthetic field turf.
- No unauthorized merchandise, food, beverage or photography sales of any kind are permitted.
- No unauthorized vehicles, scooters, or carts are permitted beyond parking lots. No field use after 11 p.m. Central Standard Time is permitted.
- No unauthorized drone use is permitted.
- No unauthorized overnight parking is permitted.